Heart Mountain Eyecare Group offers an array of eyeglass lenses to meet individual vision requirements. Some of the available lenses include:
- High Index Lenses that are thinner and lighter than ordinary lenses.
- Multifocal Lenses correct for near and distance vision (Bifocal) or near, middle and distance vision (Trifocal).
- Progressive Addition Lenses (PAL) that correct for near, middle and distance vision without the line of bifocal or trifocal lenses.
- Transitions Lenses that are clear indoors, but darken automatically when you go outdoors. In most cases, available in gray and brown.
- Polycarbonate Lenses are our first choice for children because of their impact resistance and lighter weight. A newer alternative to Polycarbonate is Trivex which gives better optics and has a 2 year warranty.
- Polarized Lenses that reduce glare and provide protection from harmful UV rays.
- Anti-Reflective coating gives you better optics by reducing glare. In most cases, it includes a two year warranty for scratches and manufacturer defects.
- Blue Blocker guards against damaging blue light rays. Blue light causes damage to the back of the eye and increases the risk of age-related macular degeneration. Digital devices and modern lighting emit a high level of blue light.
Age-related macular degeneration is the number one cause of blindness in the United States in the age group 50 and older. Research shows that 50-70% of cases could be prevented by taking certain supplements. Maxi Vision Ocular and Maxi Vision Whole Body vitamins are available to purchase at the office.
Safety Glasses/ Sports/ Protective Eyewear
Our office can prescribe specialized eyewear to protect your eyes at work or at play. Our most popular lines of safety glasses is Wiley X. While meeting the highest ANSI certification standards, they are also fashionable. We also carry AO Safety, On Guard Safety and Titmus frames. These specialty frames are available with prescription or non-prescription lenses.
A variety of frame styles for men, women, teens and children that include but are not limited to an economy line are available in the office. Materials available include strong and lightweight plastic and metal alloys. Titanium is also available for those that are hypoallergenic to nickel.
UV radiation can damage your eyes and contribute to long-term eye conditions such as macular degeneration and cataracts. Polarization gives you complete UV protection. Sunglasses aren’t just about style, they’re essential in protecting your eyes from harmful UV rays. Studies have shown that 85% of the UV damage done to a person’s eyes occurs before the age of 18. Prescription lenses are available for just about any sunglass or standard frame. Polarized filovers, clip-ons, and Chemistrie clips are also beneficial options.Brands We Carry
My Little Pony